At the end of this lab class:
- You will be able to conduct joint play movements in the wrist and hand.
- You will be able to examine a patient who displays signs and symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You will be ready for the exam!
Joint Play and Special Testing of the Forearm, Wrist and Hand
Welcome to Lab class 21!
We use our hands often! Therefore they are prone to suffer overuse injuries (ie. tendinopathies). You've probably heard of carpal tunnel syndrome, which is amongst the top overuse injuries in the upper extremity.
Check out several special tests for the wrist and hand below.
A common pathology occuring around the wrist is the carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome can exhibit signs like numbness, tingling, and pain in the wrist and hand. Check the two videos below to learn how you can assess for the condition:
Also be sure to watch the videos below on three other tests to assess the wrist and hand:
1) Practice the material with your study group.
2) Give eachother feedback on the execution of the tests.