By the end of this lab class:
- You will be able to demonstrate joint play at the ankle joint.
- You will be able to assess ankle sprains, achilles tendon ruptures and peripheral nerve injury at the ankle using the appropriate special tests.
Joint Play & Special Testing of the Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot
Welcome to Lab Class 15!
In this lab class we are going to round off lower limb joint play and special testing for the lower limb.
First, let's explore the joint play movements of the ankle and foot:
Now that you know about the joint play movements, let's look at some common special tests for the ankle joint:
1) Think about possible reasons why the anterior talofibular ligament is the most commonly ruptured ligament in the ankle. Discuss in the chat and forum!
2) Practice the multiple special tests from this lab class.
Preparation for next week:
1) Get ready for shoulder assessment!